Student Degree Planning
Starting in University can be a daunting experience for new students and Degree Planning is one of their first tasks. It’s important for them to choose the right subjects for their degree, and their future. That’s where the DegreeReady solution come in. It allows students to choose from pre-populated templates with pre-selected subjects based on desired outcomes or they can select their own subjects as the system walks them through each requisite, calculating their credit score and validating their final selection.
Students can plan out their studies knowing that they’ll meet their Degree requirements. They can also monitor and audit their progress and make changes as they go.
For Academic Advisors
Academic Advisors can spend quality time with students helping them decide on the best path to take rather than spending time creating their plan.
- Students can see their entire Degree Program clearly mapped out on a single page, by semester, including Planned and Completed units
- Drag & Drop subjects into the period they want to study and the system will take care of the validation, warning them if they’re breaking any rules.
- See the cost of each subject and the total cost of their Degree.
For Academic Advisors
- Advisors and Students can get together, either in-person or remotely, and work on the plan.
- The “What If” function allows the user to see what other options are available and what credits can be carried over.
One of the most powerful features of DegreeReady is the ability for Advisors to create Templates and share them with students.
- Templates are based on student career goals, interests, pathways etc. and can be found by students by searching for areas of interest (e.g. I’d like to be an Accountant when I graduate)
- Templates are Version Controlled, they are linked to specific Program Structures. They are also validated against the Program Rules.
- Templates can be flexible, i.e. they can have ‘wildcard’ subjects that students can choose. They can also be used as a base for a plan and changed by the student
- Once created, Templates can be copied by Advisors and used as the basis for the creation of other Templates.
Students can plan out their studies knowing that they’ll meet their Degree requirements. They can also monitor and audit their progress and make changes to their plan as they progress.
Academic Advisors create Templates for students based on outcomes allowing them to spend quality time with students helping them decide on the best path to follow.
Easily set up Programs, copy Programs from Year to Year (all version controlled), setup Degree rules, compare Planned vs Enrolled courses, audit Progression and much more.